Who would disagree with the fact that owning a kitchen scale has made their life a lot easier? With this, you can finally bid farewell to the old measuring cups. Like any other devices, cleaning your kitchen scale regularly is important. But to do it, you don’t need any special knowledge.
The below instructions is more than enough. With few times of following these directions, you can get the knack out of it. To keep it clean is the best way to get full advantage of the device.
Steps for proper cleaning of the device
Wipe the surface’s dirt take a clean cloth to wipe the surface of the scale. Don’t put too much pressure on the device or else the weighing tray can get damaged. Clean the top and the sides of the device and try to rub off the dirt present at the edges.
- Use a wet cloth
Take a clean cloth and soak it in a solution of mild detergent. Take this cloth and wipe the surface of the kitchen scale to remove any tough stains that remain. Again make sure not to apply too much pressure. Check that the cloth you use is not dripping with water droplets. Otherwise, the device may get spoiled.
- Dry off
Once you have cleaned the surfaces with both dry and wet cloth, let the device completely air dry before you start to use it again. This ensures the proper working of the device.
Even after this, if you see small particles in the kitchen scale, try to remove them with a little sewing needle. It can help to remove the dirt effectively.
Things to remember while cleaning the kitchen scales
- The first and foremost thing you should do is to check the manufacturers’ instruction manual. It will include information about how to maintain and clean the device. If the device needs special care, then make sure to do it. Failing to heed the directions in the manual can damage your kitchen scale.
- No matter how tough the stain present on the kitchen scale is, never apply pressure on the device. Especially don’t apply pressure on the balance pan. Heavy pressure applied on the device or the balance pan can cause damages to the internal mechanism.
- To remove a stuck particle, never try to flip the kitchen scale upside down and shake. Such a method of shaking does more harm than good.
- Always use mild cleaning detergents when cleaning the kitchen scales. If you try to use strong ones, it can affect the ingredients that you measure afterwards.
- Always try to do the cleaning process regularly. Otherwise, the job can become a tough one.
The bottom line
As you can see, the above instructions are quite easy to follow. Anyone can do this simple process of cleaning. Yes, cleaning your kitchen scales in the right way will ensure that the device stays for a long time. Let your kitchen scales know you care for it.